Our next 2-hour meeting will take place on Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM at the home of Renny Porter in Halifax, NS. We cordially welcome you to attend our meetings. Please contact us (information above) for more information.
Last year, on September 23, our group participated in the annual Word on the Street book fair in Halifax. Thanks to everyone who stopped to find out about Esperanto. Come again to meet us on September 22, 2013.
Esperanto course in 5 very short lessons (10 to 15 minutes each):
May help you decide whether or not to learn Esperanto.
This site has several courses at various levels (even for children who can't read), as well as word translation, exercises, flash cards, and books in Esperanto.
• Kurso de Esperanto:kurso.com.br/index.php?en
A multimedia computer program for teaching yourself Esperanto.
• Online flash cards to practice basic words (several sets):
• 1000 most basic words in Esperanto:
Each word is linked to its definition and translation at Esperanto dictionary (see below)
• Esperanto dictionary:
reta-vortaro.de/revo/has complete definitions and translations.
• Google translates between English and Esperanto
including whole websites and documents: not perfect, but pretty good:
• 172 Esperanto words with audio pronunciation:
• (In person) The local Nova Scotia Esperantists
(Halifax and beyond) meet about every two weeks. Time and location are listed on this site:
• Articles from Vikipedio [Esperanto Wikipedia] read aloud,
with the text scrolling:
To help listening comprehension for those who have already learned Esperanto.
• List of radio stations and podcasts:
• Novaĵoj en Esperanto (News in Esperanto):
Comprehensive set of A-V and/or text reports, and related links.
• Esperanto Karaoke songs on YouTube:
• Books and reading material free on the web:
• Last but not least: English translation of the original 1887 booklet presenting Esperanto:
"Dr. Esperanto's International Language: Introduction and Complete Grammar
", by the creator of Esperanto, Ludovic Lazarus Zamenhof.
Link to free HTML version:
(50-page paper booklet also available, for cost of printing.)
Discusses need for international second language; has samples of Esperanto text and poetry;
gives complete grammar in just 7 pages, in large type.
Also includes the initial Esperanto-English vocabulary, with 871 entries.
Past issues of Inter Ni are downloadable in pdf format at
Get started today by sending your SASE to:
1000 Micmac Blvd., #608